Because of my friend over at Muffin Puddles (everyone should check out his stuff!), I had an incredible urge to create a mix of some of my favorite songs in recent months. Now, when I listen to music, I like two things; 1) it needs to have a good beat that I can tap my toes to and 2) the lyrics have to mean something.
Now, the lyrics don’t necessarily have to mean something to everyone. But they do have to mean something. I don’t want to hear rap lyrics about demoralizing women or songs about milkshakes bringing boys to the yard. That’s pointless. Not to say that there aren’t rap songs out there that are amazing and meaningful, because there are.
I’m a firm believer that music is one of the most powerful things in the universe. Music can save lives or brighten days. Music can make you laugh, cry or scream. It can be a person’s religion, best friend, biggest supporter or the thing that unites completely different people. Music is something that has the potential to connect an entire world.
So, without further ado, here is my attempt to connect every one of you with my world:
When I Just Need To Breathe:
- Wild and Young: American Bang
- Rollin’ On:Black Stone Cherry
- Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door:Bob Dylan
- The House Rules: Christian Kane
- Poison & Wine: The Civil Wars
- Feeling a Moment: Feeder
- Run for Your Life: The Fray
- Here’s To Us: Halestorm
- By Your Side: House of Heroes
- Who You Are: Jessie J
- Sixteen: Lucero
- Come Away to the Water: Maroon 5
- Homage for the Suffering: Matthew Perryman Jones
- Laugh, I Nearly Died: The Rolling Stones
- Unlucky Stars: Todd Wright
- Cough Syrup: Young the Giant